Traffic Costs, Fines & Fees
ATTENTION: If payment is not received on or before your court date, a DEFAULT JUDGMENT may be entered against you or your operator's license will be SUSPENDED.
Any requests for additional time to pay court costs & fines must be granted by the Judge. You must appear in court before the Judge to request additional time.
If a Default Judgment is entered by the Court against you, a conviction will be sent to the issuing state of your operator's license. This conviction may result in additional penalties and/or suspension plus requirements to provide proof of insurance.
SPEEDING AND MISC. INFRACTION VIOLATIONS: $135.00
- Second and subsequent offenses - Moving/Traffic $1.50 each
- Second and subsequent offenses - Non-Moving $2.00 each
CDL SEATBELT VIOLATIONS: $135.00
ADULT SEAT BELT VIOLATIONS: $25.00
CHILD RESTRAINT VIOLATIONS (AT LEAST 8 YEARS OF AGE): $25.00
SPEEDING IN CONSTRUCTION ZONE VIOLATIONS (9-21-5-11):
- 1st Offense $433.50
- 2nd Offense $633.50
- 3rd Offense $1,133.50
EXCEEDING POSTED SPEED LIMIT (WORKSITE) (IC 9-21-5-3(4)) and PASSING IN WORKSITE (IC 9-21-8-7.5):
OVERWEIGHT VIOLATIONS (IC 9-20-4-1):
- 1-2,500 lbs over registered weight $200.00
- 2,501-5,000 lbs over registered weight $400.00
- 5,001-7,500 lbs over registered weight $600.00
- 7,501-10,000 lbs over registered weight $800.00
- Over 10,000 lbs over registered weight COURT REQUIRED
VIOLATIONS THAT REQUIRE A COURT APPEARANCE:
- Driving While Suspended
- No CDL Endorsement
- Speed Contest
- Failure To Maintain Financial Responsibility
- Operating Without Proof Of Financial Responsibility
- Child Restraint (bring safety seat)
- Operator Never Licensed
- ALL MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
- Alcohol violations
VIOLATIONS THAT REQUIRE CORRECTION:
- No License In Possession/Expired Operator's License
- Expired License Plate/False-Fictitious Registration
- No Headlight/Tail/Brake/Turn/License Plate Light
- No/Inadequate Muffler
- Failure to Change Address on Operator's License
- This is not a complete list. Please contact City Clerk's Office for more information 812-232-3375
The Vigo County Prosecutor's Office offers an Infraction Deferral Program to eligible individuals.
Please click here to read more about the Vigo County Prosecutor's Infraction Deferral Program.
Please click here for more information.
* Please call the City Clerk's Office at 812-232-3375 if you have any questions. Prices of court costs, fees and fines are subject to change without notice.