Traffic Costs, Fines & Fees
ATTENTION: If payment is not received on or before your court date, your operator's license will be suspended.
Any requests for additional time to pay court costs & fines must be granted by the Judge. You must appear in court before the Judge to request additonal time.
SPEEDING AND MISC. INFRACTION VIOLATIONS: $120.00+
- Second and subsequent offenses - Moving/Traffic $1.50 each
- Second and subsequent offenses - Non-Moving $2.00 each
CDL SEATBELT VIOLATIONS: $120.00 +
ADULT SEAT BELT VIOLATIONS: $25.00 +
SPEEDING IN WORKZONE VIOLATIONS:
- 1ST Offense $418.50 +
- 2nd Offense $618.50 +
- 3rd Offense $1,118.50 +
+A $25.00 Late Fee applies if payment is not received by the court date listed on your citation
VIOLATIONS THAT REQUIRE A COURT APPEARANCE:
- Driving While Suspended
- No CDL Endorsement
- Speed Contest
- Failure To Maintain Financial Responsibility
- Operating Without Proof Of Financial Responsibility
- Child Restraint (bring safety seat)
- Operator Never Licensed
- ALL MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
- Alcohol violations
VIOLATIONS THAT REQUIRE CORRECTION:
- No License In Possession/Expired Operator's License
- Expired License Plate/False-Fictitious Registration
- No Headlight/Tail Light/Brake/Turn Light
- No/Inadequate Muffler
The Vigo County Prosecutor's Office offers an Infraction Deferral Program to eligible individuals.
Please click here to read more about the Vigo County Prosecutor's Infraction Deferral Program.
Please click here for more information.
* Please call the City Clerk's Office at 812-232-3375 if you have any questions. Prices of court costs, fees and fines are subject to change without notice.