Please follow Governor Holcomb's order to stay at home. 

The Terre Haute City Clerk, Michelle L. Edwards, would like to inform the public of various methods to submit payments or other court correspondence without appearing in the Clerk’s Office.

The City Clerk's Office will be open to the public between 8am and noon each workday. 

More information can be found at TerreHaute.IN.Gov and click on Pay Your Traffic Violation.

Court cases with fees assessed that are not scheduled for hearing or referred Failure To Pay have been granted a continuance for payment until May 31, 2020.  

This includes all correctable offenses as well. 


To submit payment by credit card, visit our website TerreHaute.IN.Gov and click on Pay Traffic Violation. 

To submit payment by telephone by calling (812) 514-8035. 

To submit payment by mail, include a money order made payable to Terre Haute City Clerk plus a copy of your ticket or a letter with your case number(s) to the following address:

                17 Harding Avenue

                Room 102 City Hall

                Terre Haute, IN  47807


Please visit the website for more information on Infraction Deferral Agreements.


To submit correspondence to the court, you may mail the correspondence through US Postal Service or we are temporarily allowing correspondence to be submitted by emailing

Please include the following information:

                Current Date

                Full Name

                Date of Birth

                Current Address

                Telephone Number

                Case Number (can be found at Mycase.IN.Gov)

                Reason for correspondence


The correspondence will be reviewed by the court and a response will be mailed through the US Postal Service to the defendant.  Please do not call the office for updates on your correspondence.

If you have any questions,
please call the office at 812-244-2103.

Please CLICK HERE to submit payment or find other case information.

We appreciate your understanding and will work to provide our citizens with the safest service during these times.
Michelle L. Edwards, City Clerk